importing tables help requd

General HighDesign Discussions
simon

importing tables help requd

Post by simon »

I m trying to copy a table i ve created on excel into a drawing but if i copy and paste it the text appears but no box/lines around the table, I ve created one in word also and experienced the same problems. Anyone know a simple solution?

macitect

Re: importing tables help requd

Post by macitect »

Hi Simon,

I've had to do this many times and I'm sorry to tell you that the best way is to save an image out of excel... I've always found that tiffs work best. Just keep the excel file up to date and reimport when you need to. Self built tables in HD have been a bit of a nightmare for me so I've done them in Numbers.

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

what about PDF?

macitect

Post by macitect »

My only problem with PDF has been that when I crop them using preview they aren't actually cropped - so when I've placed them in HD the part that I erased comes back. Therefore I found it easier to crop and then save as an image file. I suppose if you can crop it properly there shouldn't be any problem... If you succeed please post back.

cheers,
derek

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

This may be a stupid question, but what are you importing tables for?

I have heard of creating schedules in a spreadsheet program, but never really saw the advantage of that. Especially given this conversation, it seems like it would be simpler just to create the table / schedule right in HD. That is how i do schedules right now, though i am always interested in learning more efficient ways to do things.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

simon

Post by simon »

I ve just been trying to import some work previously done on word and excel and was trying to save some time. I take your point tho, any new stuff will be done directly on HD.