door opening problem

General HighDesign Discussions
SurfingAlien

door opening problem

Post by SurfingAlien »

Hi!
I'm not able to place the door where is should be (i.e. the interior side of the thinner wall - sorry, can't find the right translation of the technical term...). Of course I tried to reverse the opening side but the whole opening is reversed
What am I missing?

thanks in advance for any suggestion,
Alessandro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matthew.Stanfield

Re: door opening problem

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

If i understand what you are asking correctly, i am not sure there is a way to do it by just manipulating the door properties.

I would actually stop the thick wall on either side of where you want the door. The "thinner wall" could then be drawn in the gap and the door placed in the thinner wall. This would give you better control of the door placement.

You may also be able to insert a wall opening with the 0.12m masonry casing. Then draw a wall 0.12m thick between the casing and insert the door into the 0.12m thick wall.

I have used both these methods of creating wall openings with varying results. They both have their own quirks that have to be worked through, but either can be made to work depending on you desired result.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

SurfingAlien

Re: door opening problem

Post by SurfingAlien »

Hey Matthew,
thanks for your quick help... I try to avoid contiguous walls of different thickness because I experimented some funky behavior in the past; I will try your second suggestion though.
Here's how I resolved this time (there's a lot of room for enhancement in this field for HD imho)

Happy 2011,
Alessandro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.