Displaying sill messes up hatch.

General HighDesign Discussions
matthew.Stanfield

Displaying sill messes up hatch.

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I have come across an issue that has not come up for me before in using HD, but i cannot seem to fix it on this particular file. The problem is that when i display the sill of a window, a triangluar section of the fill of the adjacent wall is removed. When i turn display sill off, the wall fill is displayed just fine.

Has anyone else come across this? Is there a fix for it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

macitect

Re: Displaying sill messes up hatch.

Post by macitect »

Does this happen even if they are further apart? I can't reproduce it, I've got no problems here displaying sill... Could it be the scale of the drawing or maybe the proximity of the windows?
Picture 4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Displaying sill messes up hatch.

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I found my problem. It seems that having the "C" dimension of the casing greater that the "A" dimension causes this idiosyncrasy in the display of the adjacent wall, but only when the sill is displayed. Even though the "C" dimesion is not relevant to nor editable in the "Frame construction" setting, it seems to have an effect on the display of the adjacent wall. If i switch to the "Masonry" setting, change "C" to "0", and then switch back to "Frame construction", the problem goes away.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com