New version?

General HighDesign Discussions
claudiaescaleira

New version?

Post by claudiaescaleira »

Hello,
In the beginnig of 2010 I started looking for a cad software for mac and I came upon HighDesign. I tested it and posted some questions here to clarify my choice.
I have decided to wait for a newer version because the rithm of actualizations of HighDesign was very interesting (new versions every 6/7 months) but it has been over a year after last version and nothing new has happen.
Visitibg the website everything seems to be completely stoped.
Can someone tell me if you are steel working on something new?
Am I the only one thinking this silence it is strange and, probably not a googd sign?
Thank you for you pacience.

dlemery

Re: New version?

Post by dlemery »

I'm also concerned about the silence here.
I've only had the program for a few months and coming to this forum I've worried that I've spent my money on a product that is no longer being developed.
It sure would be reassuring to hear something from the developers.

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

It really would be too bad if they stopped developing HD. I have been using it for a couple of years now and really love it. Though it does currently have some issues that i was looking forward to seeing resolved in an upcoming release.

Hopefully we will can get some confirmation from the developers with regard to the status of a new release.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

macitect

Post by macitect »

I was also concerned and asked Ilexsoft directly a couple weeks ago. The news is good. Here is what I got as a reply:
Yes, we are alive and well and still busy as usual. There have not been any updates in the last months because the 1.x cycle of HighDesign reached its most stable and complete status with the 1.8.5 release, and it was time to move on with the next development cycle. HighDesign has a long list of features that will be implemented in the future, so we are working full time on the next major release, which is already loaded with new tools and enhancements. Tools like curved polylines, splines, curved walls, which have been on the list for a long time, along with a more modern interface will see the light with this version.

If you have any special requests besides those on the "wish-list" forum, please let us know.
I followed this up by asking when we could expect it, but never rec'd a reply...

claudiaescaleira

Post by claudiaescaleira »

Well, those are realy good news.
Let's wait a bit longer...

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

macitect wrote:I was also concerned and asked Ilexsoft directly a couple weeks ago. The news is good. Here is what I got as a reply:
Yes, we are alive and well and still busy as usual. There have not been any updates in the last months because the 1.x cycle of HighDesign reached its most stable and complete status with the 1.8.5 release, and it was time to move on with the next development cycle. HighDesign has a long list of features that will be implemented in the future, so we are working full time on the next major release, which is already loaded with new tools and enhancements. Tools like curved polylines, splines, curved walls, which have been on the list for a long time, along with a more modern interface will see the light with this version.

If you have any special requests besides those on the "wish-list" forum, please let us know.
I followed this up by asking when we could expect it, but never rec'd a reply...
great news!
can't wait to have Curved Walls and Curved (Mixed?) Polylines...

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Polyline_Preview.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gabodisegni

Post by gabodisegni »

Great!!!
A nice preview!, in which phase is the development of new version.
Of course, if you can have these info.
We follow very closely HighDesign and I'm very curious and impatient!

Best regard

Gabodisegni

macitect

Post by macitect »

Andrew wrote:
Polyline_Preview.jpg
Any other sneak peaks Andrew?

macitect

Post by macitect »

No good news for Christmas?