Creating print area's

General HighDesign Discussions
Roy

Creating print area's

Post by Roy »

Hi all,
been awhile since I bothered you so here goes..
1) How do I create print areas within a larger drawing? I.e select a room Vs the whole floor plan? I tried reading through the directions but they where as clear as mud to me.

#2) I keep reading about elevation views and I having a very difficult time creating them. Is there some way the base floor plan can be used or must I draw the walls one by one using dimensions from the floor plans.

I am not a steady user of this program so learning curve is slow.

TIA

Roy AKA The hem Roy oid

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Creating print area's

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

1) The Print Area tool is located at the bottom of the tools are arranged down the left side of the screen. Just select that tool and draw a rectangle around the area you want to print. You will then be prompted to name the print area.

2) First, are you using the standard version, or the professional version of HighDesign? If you are using professional, you can simply create a new sheet and draw the elevation over top of the plan. If using standard, i am pretty sure you will not have sheets available to you. In which case you could use construction lines (under Construction Objects) to project the corners of your plan and then draw heights and what not from the construction lines.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com