Magic Mouse

General HighDesign Discussions
hkhamilton

Magic Mouse

Post by hkhamilton »

New Apple Magic Mouse zooms into drawing rather than scolling when using the up and down finger motion. Very annoying.

matthew.Stanfield

Re: Magic Mouse

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

Is this not how it should behave?

I have no experience with the Magic Mouse. But with every other mouse i have ever used, the scroll wheel (or ball on the Mighty Mouse) served to zoom in and out of the drawing. It also allows me to pan when pressed and held while moving the mouse.

I did take a quick look at the preferences and did not find a way to change that behavior though.

hkhamilton

Post by hkhamilton »

The problem with the Magic Mouse is the it is easy to inadvertently pass your finger across the surface causing it to zoom. With the ball on the older mouse you have to deliberately work the ball. Any other Magic Mouse users out there?

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Just joined the magicmouse crowd yesterday... and have the old mighty mouse paired up right next to it for HD and applications like Sketchup.

I don't know how it could work without the ability to click and hold the middle scroll ball from the mighty mouse...
fat guy in a little coat

jmborer

Post by jmborer »

Same issue for me. I stopped working with the magic mouse because it was zooming very often when I did'nt want it. Very annoying. I reuse now a Logitech mouse with scroll wheel. However I notice that click-drag on the wheel for panning doesn't work! I tried to change the settings of the mouse driver: my only option is to assign single, double or triple click to the wheel click. Why isn't it detected properly in HD?