offset + bezier curve

General HighDesign Discussions
SurfingAlien

offset + bezier curve

Post by SurfingAlien »

Hi!
Does Offset work with Bezier curve? I tried several times but had no success... btw any other way to create a free-curved wall? It would be *very* nice to have the "convert to wall" tool available for arcs and bezier too... thank you!

Cheers,
Alessandro

macitect

Re: offset + bezier curve

Post by macitect »

Alessandro,

No unfortunately we can't offset bezier curves yet.

Arcs can be converted to walls, but not - by my estimation - satisfactorily. The arc is interpreted as many many small, straight wall segments. I had to abandon walls altogether for a couple projects where we were using curves extensively.

Perhaps you could add your voice to mine in asking for more robust splines and beziers as well as curved walls. I've been asking for curved walls now for a couple years.

cheers,
derek

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

macitect wrote:Perhaps you could add your voice to mine in asking for more robust splines and beziers as well as curved walls. I've been asking for curved walls now for a couple years
already done... i think it has been my first post in the forum :wink:

thanks,
Alessandro

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

here i go again...
I tried to do some tests in Rhino, exported as dxf (default settings) and imported into HD... but i seem to lose the parallelism between the original and the offset lines this way... [confused]

cheers,
Alessandro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.