HighDesign CRASHING!!!

General HighDesign Discussions
johnvos

HighDesign CRASHING!!!

Post by johnvos »

Hi,

I have been using HighDesign Pro for about four years. I've recently purchased a new MacPro (OS X 10.5.7, 12 GB RAM, 2.26 Eight Core) and downloaded the latest HighDesign version software (version 1.8.4).

Every time I start HighDesign now, it will crash and knock me back to my desktop. It doesn't matter if I open an existing project, or start a new one, within one or two commands, the application suddenly crashes.

I've written to IlexSoft's tech support TWICE, included description, HighDesign log report and a Problem Detail printout. They've not replied--not a single word has come back from them (very disappointing to say the least). So, I've come to this forum hoping to find someone who may be able to shed some light on this matter.

If anyone has had a similar experience and discovered the cure, could you please let me know?

Thank you,
John

alexwhite

Re: HighDesign CRASHING!!!

Post by alexwhite »

Have you tried deleting the prefs... search the forum for this.
fat guy in a little coat

axys

Post by axys »

10.5.7 hasn't caused me any problems, either in HD or with anything else. I'm a little disappointed that development of HD appears to have slowed considerably - nothing at all this year, 4 minor updates last year and 16 months since 1.8 was launched.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

John, we have received your emails yesterday and today. I do not know if the first was sent much earlier and for some reason they arrived to our inbox at about one day of difference, but that is how we received them. Anyway, a hard crash like the one you reported is a serious problem, and the solution requires some time, certainly more than 24 hours.

We are working on your support request right now, and will reply to your email as soon as humanly possible.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

axys wrote:I'm a little disappointed that development of HD appears to have slowed considerably - nothing at all this year, 4 minor updates last year and 16 months since 1.8 was launched.
I assure you that the development of HighDesign is steady as usual, if not more so since we are working on two updates at the same time. HighDesign 1.8.4 proved to be a solid release that did not require a quick update. A new minor version is expected this month with all the required improvements and fixes.

axys

Post by axys »

Andrew wrote:
axys wrote:I'm a little disappointed that development of HD appears to have slowed considerably - nothing at all this year, 4 minor updates last year and 16 months since 1.8 was launched.
I assure you that the development of HighDesign is steady as usual, if not more so since we are working on two updates at the same time. HighDesign 1.8.4 proved to be a solid release that did not require a quick update. A new minor version is expected this month with all the required improvements and fixes.
That's good to hear, thanks for the update.
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

Hi John,
as you i'm using HD 1.8.4 and OSX 10.5.7 (on a mbp, so only 2 cores :( ): no crashes so far...

I know it may be a stupid question but have you tried to reinstall HD 1.8.4? OR a previous release?

Hope you'll soon get rid of the problem...

Cheers,
Alessandro