Anchor Text

General HighDesign Discussions
matthew.Stanfield

Anchor Text

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

Is there a way to anchor text position to one of the corners of the text box rather than to the center? Primarily i want to be able to have a text box that, as i add lines of text, maintains the top position and expands downwards. Though vice versa would be useful at times as well. As it is by default, it expands both up and down from the center of the text box.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

macitect

Re: Anchor Text

Post by macitect »

Unfortunately there is no way to do this currently. I assume you've done a forum search, but I remember suggesting this already to the guys @ Ilexsoft, but I can't remember if I did that here on the forum or through an email.

In any event my work around is to put points at the top left corner of all my stationary text objects. That way when they change I can easily put them back to the right position. For organising you can either put those on your grids and guides layer (which I always leave off when plotting) or you can just choose not to plot const objects and leave them on any layer you want.

You should go ahead and make this a wish list item. It would be so handy for reusable templates for things like titleblocks, door/window schedules, legends, etc...

hope this helps,
cheers.