opening more drawings.

General HighDesign Discussions
Beagle

opening more drawings.

Post by Beagle »

Now in HD it is only possible to have only one drawing wich is opened at the same time
. I need often to open two or more drawings. On one drawing is the assembly of p.e. a machinepanlel in a Yacht and on the other drawing is the layout for the sawing machine.
I need to take measures on one drawing and trransport it the the other.

Is it possible that in a near feature this option will be available in standaard HD. Or is this an option of the prof version.
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..

peatle

Re: opening more drawings.

Post by peatle »

A bit of a 'clunky' workaround for this is having more than one version of HD, say 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 on your Mac. I think you can then have both versions active at the same time with a different drawing open in each of them. Two monitors would be a great help here.

This will allow you to see the items you need to duplicate and install in a new location or physically transport them by 'Copy and Paste'.

Maybe there's a neater way of doing it , anyone know ....... ?????

Peter

johnvos

Re: opening more drawings.

Post by johnvos »

Rather than using an older version to open more than one project, I duplicate the most current version to open a second drawing. It works.