Extra Hatches

General HighDesign Discussions
kompile15

Extra Hatches

Post by kompile15 »

Is there any way for me to download other hatches, besides the ones that come standard with highdesign? Or, can I import other hatches from autocad?

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

Currently, there aren't any extra hatches available for download; since HighDesign can't directly read autocad hatches files, you can import hatches from autocad via the DXF 14/2000 file format: all compatible hatches will be correctly read and saved inside the document.
To add new hatches to the default list, you can use the Hatches panel in the Drawing Manager window.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead

kompile15

Post by kompile15 »

how exactly do i add new hatches to the default list? do i just click the "+" button in the drawing manager window?

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

To add new hatches, just click the "+" button on the bottom left hand side of the panel and use the Angle slider to set the desired angle, the Space slider to modify the distance between lines, the Linetype menu to choose the type of the first pattern and the Offset slider to set the offset of the pattern from its center.

To add a pattern, click the other "+" button on the top of the panel and use again the controls to set its parameters: click the "Save Hatch" button to append the new hatch to the default list.

If you want to use an existing hatch as a reference for the new one, you can select the hatch in the list and click the "Duplicate hatch" button to create an editable duplicate. Click the Save button to save changes.
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead