help. Lost my Object Info Palette!

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

help. Lost my Object Info Palette!

Post by kohledfusion »

My Object Info window has disappeared. I've tried show/hide, reboot, restart HD, open new document, etc. Nothing works. I also upped the resolution on my monitor, in the hopes that I had accidentally pushed it off the screen, but I can't find it. Anyone had this happen before or know of a way to force 'everything' back onto the viewable screen area (in case I DID push it off the screen somehow?)
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Re: help. Lost my Object Info Palette!

Post by macitect »

Open your ilexsoft plist with text edit (after, of course quitting HighDesign...). Use the find function (+F) to find instances of PALETTE.
Picture 1.png
Then verify that the values for <ObjectInfoBounds> fall within your bounds... You'll find it then!

Hope it helps...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Hrmf. That didn't fix it. Just sent an email to support. I'm pretty sure I got the values "inside" the correct parameters, since I used the other palette bounds & stayed somewhere in the middle of their values. That didn't work, so I directly copied your values :)

Here's what was in plist before I touched it:
<key>ObjectInfoBounds</key>
<string>2859 774 212 123</string>

If I'm reading that correctly, those co-ordinates are basically turning the palette 'inside out'.

The large first number makes me suspect my 'split screens' as a possible culprit. I use my laptop as my main screen & have a cinema display hooked up as my secondary monitor. I'm going to unhook the secondary monitor, reboot & see if that solves the problem. Hopefully I won't have to resinstall HD again (just did that last week to get my Object Palette back).
Pahoa, HI

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Fixed it!

It has something to do with a secondary monitor. I unhooked the second monitor, rebooted my laptop & opened HD. The object palette re-appeared. I hooked the second monitor back up, rebooted & Object Palette is still there. Thank goodness!

I've also copied the correct value for my object palette for next time.

I was interpreting the co-ordinates wrong for sure. The value I have now (which works) is
<string>1176 617 212 123</string>

My guess is the first two numbers are the X,Y coordinates for the start point of the window & the second set is the width and height of the window. It's been a while since I specifically placed an object, in any programming language. Anyone know if I've deciphered this correctly?
Pahoa, HI

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Andrew, thank you so much for the "Default Window Size" in 1.8.3. It's fantastic! I just lost my Object Palette again & this saves me from unplugging & rebooting without my secondary monitor. Hooray!
Pahoa, HI