wall intersections kaflooey on ungroup

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

wall intersections kaflooey on ungroup

Post by kohledfusion »

OUCH. I just grouped my completed floor plan so I could move it. When I ungrouped all of my wall intersections are broken (meaning they don't intersect nicely). I have to touch each corner, slightly dragging the control point away, then back, to fix them.
corner problem.jpg
Which leads to my question: When does Tools -> Walls -> Repair Intersection work? I've tried many times & it's never highlighted. I sure would love to use it right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Re: wall intersections kaflooey on ungroup

Post by macitect »

This problem with grouping/ungrouping walls has existed for some time. I've also reported it. Repair wall intersections... never had that work for me either... :?

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

I have not had any trouble with wall intersections until recently.

When copying a particular plan, i lose all the wall intersections and have to go through and fix them all. The intersections are not at right angles, so i don know if this has anything to do with it or not.

I played around with different ways of fixing this using extend as well as manually dragging the ends of the walls. However, i discovered the most effective way is to use the "repair wall intersections". Though it does not work as it seems to me it should. In fact, it is still rather tedious. If i select one of the walls with broken intersections, then select the "repair wall intersection" tool, i can select each of the walls (one at a time) that are supposed to intersect with the previously selected wall and the intersections will be repaired.

It would be nice if you could just select all the walls, and use the "repair wall intersection" tool to repair them all at once.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

All of my walls are right angles, very simple. Still happens, so I don't think it's the angle. I have noticed that I'm having increasingly bizarre behavior from walls as my files get larger.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *