General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

autosaved files?

Post by macitect »

Where oh where do they reside?

peatle

Re: autosaved files?

Post by peatle »

USERS>MACITECT ( OR ? )>LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT>ILEXSOFT>HIGHDESIGN .......... I think ???

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

mine save in the same directory as the original file, but with "-(Backup).dsn" as the file name. Or is autosaved something different?
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

peatle

Post by peatle »

Backup is a copy of your file that is saved, identical to the original, just as the name says, as a 'Backup". I think it is updated each time you do a 'Save'.

Autosaved is a file that is saved automatically when you should have some kind of a problem like a freeze in HD. It is a current copy of the file that you are working on ( up to the last time you hit 'Save' I think ) that you can reopen if you should have to Force Quit HD or shut down the machine to get out of the problem.

When you start up again you are asked if you want to open the 'Autosaved' File. In my experience, when you do this, it has been renamed to 'Autosaved' and you have resave it under it's original name.

It might be the case that it only resides in that > Application Support>ilexsoft>High Design folder until it has been renamed and then disappears. Maybe ilexsoft can clarify ???

Peter

macitect

Post by macitect »

Thanks to you both. Peter, I am pretty sure you are right.

I had to get support on this once before, but it was so long ago I forget what the answer was and I deleted the electronic paper trail... :?

I just can't find the autosaved file... I'm sure it is gone now. I've moved on this time...