Scaling a Plan to print on A4

General HighDesign Discussions
Byron

Scaling a Plan to print on A4

Post by Byron »

with version 1.2 & 1.2.1 when we scale down a plan to print on an A4 page in the preview it looks fine. However when printed or converted to a PDF 1/4 of the plan on the right hand side is cut off.

This happens on all our plans, however prints fine with version 1.1.1.

Does anyone know how to reslove this ?

Thanks,
Byron

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

We've not been able to reproduce that behaviour. Could you please post some more details:
- current drawing scale
- Print Preview settings, such as Layout, Print Area and "Fit Print Area" state (on/off)

Also, does changing the Layout option (e.g. top-left) produce any results?
Please send a PDF and a project showing the problem to support@ilexsoft.com.
Thanks.
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I always had similar problems regardless of paper size and in 1.1.1.

My work around was repositioning the print area somewhat by eye and test printing until the entire image printed. I also reduced the print area by an inch on two sides in order to fit the paper.

It'd be much better if the print review matched the results... I suspect it has something to do with varying print drivers.

Alex
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

The problem with print-alignment has been fixed. The issue only showed up on some printer models, and specifically those not supporting a resolution of 360 dpi.
An 1.2.2 update will be released soon. In the meantime, if you're experiencing these problems you can download a beta version which includes the fix.

Here is the direct download link:
http://www.ilexsoft.com/ftp/pub/Softwar ... .2.2b2.sit

Please note this package only includes the application file and a readme. If you decide to use it, we recommend you backup your current copy of HighDesign before replacing it with this new one.