Flip an existing window

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

Flip an existing window

Post by kohledfusion »

I put in a bunch of window backwards so my exterior sill is indoors... Is there a simple way to mirror/flip them so the sill is correct? I've tried a few things, but so far I have to delete the old window & re-draw.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Re: Flip an existing window

Post by macitect »

You're talking about the parametric windows in plan view?

There are 2 ways to do what you're asking about;
1. choose all the windows in question, right click and from the contextual menu choose "Invert opening direction".

or

2. choose all windows in question and open the Door/Window Properties panel menu. Under display sill reverse the values between A, B and C,D.

Hope that helps.

d

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

this is odd. right click doesn't bring up the contextual menu, nor does control+click. Is there any way to get to the contextual menu? I'd love to use "invert opening direction".

I just re-installed my Micro**t mouse software, but no dice on right click or control+click.

Direction and opening side of a window / door can be changed via the contextual menu:
select the door, the control-click or right-click to open the contextual menu and choose
“Invert Opening Side” or “Invert Opening Direction.”
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Post by macitect »

Does your right and/or CNTL click work normally in your other software?

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

kohledfusion wrote:this is odd. right click doesn't bring up the contextual menu, nor does control+click. Is there any way to get to the contextual menu? I'd love to use "invert opening direction".
same problem here... anyone found a solution? I really need this feature... right click/ctrl click works perfectly with any other app

System Spec.: MBP unibody 2.4GHz - 4Gb - osX 10.5.8 - HD 1.84 - built in TrackPad OR MightyMouseWireless

Thank you,
Alessandro

macitect

Post by macitect »

Alessandro - try trashing your pref file (or rather move it to your desktop temporarily while you diagnose).

It should work. I've used HD on numerous machines and various configurations and it has always worked for me. Otherwise let us know what other trouble shooting you've already done and perhaps we can track down the problem.

derek

ps you did select the window first, right? just to be sure you have to select window, then move slightly away and right click. right clicking directly on an already selected object simply deselects the object.

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

Thank you Derek!
you made me think in the right direction... i had a (blocked) reference layer with a jpg in backgroung so when i right-click on an object HD selected/deselected it and when I moved away and right-click i had HD trying to select the blocked layer :( just hiding the reference layer solved the problem!
Now I have my Contextual Menu too :D
BTW i find the doors in masonry with A,B,C enabled (100% of italian historical buildings) quite unusable (the hinge is in the wrong place!) so i tend to use windows instead... i guess the door/window feature needs some improvements

Cheers,
Alessandro