HighDesign does not import symbols from illustrator

General HighDesign Discussions
jespizua

HighDesign does not import symbols from illustrator

Post by jespizua »

Hello,
I´m trying to import in .dwg format from illustrator to highdesign but seems like highdesign does not recognize that kind of object. I've tried the same task in archicad with no problem, meaning that the file generated from illustrator is correct. The file is in milimeters and scale is 1/1.
I've uploaded the file in .dwg format, any help would be appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t0kj3jdmz3z

Thanks in advanced and cheers.

alexwhite

Re: HighDesign does not import symbols from illustrator

Post by alexwhite »

No offense, but I believe people are reluctant to take you up on your link since it doesn't look like a .dwg file. Plus I've never known Photoshop to export or Save As .dwg...

Nonetheless, I have not been able to successfully or consistently export to .dwg all times with HD 1.8.1 so perhaps this is one for the home team to tackle.
fat guy in a little coat

jespizua

Post by jespizua »

Hello alexwhite,

I can't understand why you say that the link does not look like a .dwg file. If you click on that link, you will be redirect to mediafire and clicking the download box you will get a file in .dwg format called o2.dwg.

Second is that i'm not talking about photoshop, i'm talking about illustrator cs3 which is a vector's software and is able to import and export .dwg files correctly .

Also, i've to agree with you in that problems related to export and import from HighDesign.

Cheers,
josé espizua

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

Nonetheless, I have not been able to successfully or consistently export to .dwg all times with HD 1.8.1 so perhaps this is one for the home team to tackle.
Hello,
In the current version we noticed a wrong conversion of groups when exporting as DXF/DWG documents causing the program to generate invalid files.
The temporary workaround is to ungroup all groups before exporting as DXF/DWG.
This issue will be fixed with the next update.
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead