Layer Colours

General HighDesign Discussions
peatle

Layer Colours

Post by peatle »

I can't figure out the correlation between a colour that I select for a Layer in Drawing Manager and the ones that show in the Pop Up palette when clicking on the colour box that is alongside the Current Layer name, in the bottom left corner of the HD window.

A colour I have chosen from one of the many Palettes available in Drawing Manager will appear in the Current Layer colour box with it's number showing. I click on this colour box, open the pop up palette and this same number and colour show in the top left hand corner of the palette but an entirely different colour is highlighted within the palette with the same number.

Obviously it is something to do with the many different systems for determining colour identification but is there a palette in Drawing Manager that I can use that matches the pop up one that appears at the Current Layer colour box.

This is a problem for me when trying to identify a colour in order to do a 'Find' on a certain colour.

Thanks, Peter :?

kohledfusion

Re: Layer Colours

Post by kohledfusion »

I'm having a problem with Layer colors too. I have preset colors for each layer. Sometimes my tools pick up the color of the layer when I change layers, sometimes they don't. The tool stays the color of the last layer I worked on. I've been trying to figure out a pattern of misbehavior, but nothing is jumping out at me so far. This was happening on Tiger, but I upgraded to Leopard & it's still happening.

HD 1.8, OSX 10.5.2 (Leopard), MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz core duo

Still love HD 1.8 tho! :mrgreen:
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *