OPEN DXF FILES

General HighDesign Discussions
peatle

OPEN DXF FILES

Post by peatle »

I am back to trying to open a DXF file in HD, a project that I tried and abandoned through lack of results once before.
I have actually Opened the file several times, varying the settings in the open dxf dialogue box and everything is there as it should be. I have opened it in scales of 1:1 and 1:48 and with the 'Set scale as found in drawing' box both checked and unchecked.
The problem is that as soon as I click in the opened drawing I get the spinning beachball and can do nothing. It spins for a minute or so and then stops but just starts again at any new attempt.
Anyone had this situation ?

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: OPEN DXF FILES

Post by Andrew »

Hi, it seems to be a problem related to that particular file. Please send it to the tech support address so we can inspect it.
Also, try opening that DXF at 1:1 in decimal inches, which is the most common combination for files saved by AutoCAD.

peatle

Post by peatle »

OK ...... THANKS ANDREW !

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Thanks peatle for sending the file so promptly. After reviewing that DXF, the best way I can suggest to solve the problem is to use HighDesign 1.8.
The issues you described only occur in 1.7, whereas in 1.8fc4 the drawing was imported and displayed without a glitch.

peatle

Post by peatle »

OK ..... I'll try that route ASAP.
Thanks,
Peter

peatle

Post by peatle »

Andrew ..... I have downloaded HD 1.8fc4 and opened the DXF file that was previously troblesome to do anything with once open in HD 1.7. I can now manipulate it as I wish.

Thanks for your timely response once again,

Peter