Dimensions text

General HighDesign Discussions
dph

Dimensions text

Post by dph »

When trying to print or when converting a drawing to a pdf file, the text in the dimensions does not show up sometimes. The arrows are visible, the dimension text is missing.

Also, is there any way to increase the pen weight for the "actual weight(print)" mode?
When converting a drawing to a pdf file, the lines are barely visible.

I am new to this software & forum.

steven

Re: Dimensions text

Post by steven »

try using Preview........

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi dph, and welcome to the forum.

Which version are you using (both of HD and of OSX)?

I don't know if this is because of the built-in pdf creator of OSX or if it is because of HighDesign or what, but I can tell you that drawings always look really faint in preview, but (like steven said) to print from preview should give you no problems as far as loosing information. On the other hand the on-screen version of the drawing always looks better (darker...) in Adobe Reader (or full acrobat), although I think it is from there that you might encounter print issues.

Let us know if you continue to have troubles and we'll wait to see of the Ilexsoft team can shed some light on this for us.

cheers,
derek

dph

Post by dph »

Thanks guys.

OS 10.5.1 and HD 1.7.

I know when I have the line weight at 6, upon printing, the line
weight is not nearly as heavy as I would like. There always seems
to be a default print line weight. Can this be changed?

Also, I get missing text in my dimensions function no matter what I am
using. This is very frustrating. I would send someone a sample if I knew how.

Thanks,
David

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Isn't this behavior (missing text, faint lines) tied more to the PDF application (adobe or preview or browser plugin), the host machine font book and the operating system? For instance I know that PDF treats fonts as fonts (not graphics) and so that sometimes the reading machine will not see a font if it doesn't have this in the font collection. Similar to how you need to bind your post script fonts to the document.

Also I wonder if its a Windows Mac thing... not knowing if this is dph's specific problem or not.

The only HD related PDF issue I've encountered is rotated text and some lines, depending on the rotation, did not translate to PDF.

Welcome to the forums, btw.
fat guy in a little coat