kohledfusion

window & door schedules

Post by kohledfusion »

Is there an way to create window & door schedules that have the following:
* aligned text for each 'cell'
* bold header text
* each 'cell' of info is outlined
* entire schedule is double outlined
* the tag # has the hex or round shape I use on the floorplan?

I think the best comparison I can make is an excel spreadsheet with bold headers for each column, with every cell outlined & the whole 'table' double outlined. I haven't found an easy way to do this & our county planner mentioned he prefers it. For now, I justify info with whitespace (poorly) & only outline the entire block of text. If the planner had his way, my window/door markers would have the cirlce & hexagon on the tag in the schedule too, so that it's an exact visual match to the circle/hex tag on the floorplans.

I tried putting my schedule in Excel & snapshot it as gif, then plant the gif into HD, but that didn't work so well. Plus I had to repeat the process when the client changed a window.

Any advice on an easier way would be grand!

macitect

Post by macitect »

Painful, eh?
For now I build them the old fashioned way:

But if you want to insert images of your excel files then .tif is the best option for clarity. I get good results with 150dpi, but you can try 300dpi...

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Macitect, is each piece of text a separate entity? If so, I really admire your alignment!!

Also, which font do you use? I've been looking for a good arch-handwritten font for the mac.

AJUK

Post by AJUK »

I was just about to ask the same question about the font. :)

macitect

Post by macitect »

Yep, all seperate text entities... there is a great object alignment tool in the drop down menu when you choose multiple items and right (or CTRL+) click.

The font is GRAPHITE - but the credit there goes to Steven. It is nice, I like it, but it is funny in the way it aligns sometimes. The REGULAR sits higher relative to the the TEXT OBJECT vertices than does the LIGHT.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I've given up on building a nice table like Derek did.... perhaps this is the tipping point for us to start sharing HD files in a similar fashion to the sketchup communities components and materials forums?

Anyone want to give and get?

I'm in...
fat guy in a little coat

steven

Post by steven »

the strength of a community is measured by it's ability to share.....

macitect

Post by macitect »

ybalx wrote:I've given up on building a nice table like Derek did.... perhaps this is the tipping point for us to start sharing HD files in a similar fashion to the sketchup communities components and materials forums?

Anyone want to give and get?

I'm in...
I know you had mentioned it a while back, ybalx but here it is again and I am sure we'll be sufficiently numerous to get this going.
See here
I will also check the timeline of phpBB3.0 and if it is still going to be more than a couple months I'll start my own sharing site.
Last edited by macitect on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

there is a great object alignment tool in the drop down menu when you choose multiple items and right (or CTRL+) click.
Oh my. This is why I love the forum so much! Thank you!

macitect

Post by macitect »

k- You get my email?