Rectangle tool not working

General HighDesign Discussions
marr

Rectangle tool not working

Post by marr »

Just bought a License ( a standard one to start with, will upgrade to professional when I can afford it).
The rectangle tool does not seem to be working. I choose a rectangle, click a start point and an end point and everything seems to be working ok, but then no rectangle appears.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Somebody else reported the same behaviour the other day. Make sure that the default parameters for the rectangle have the edges turned ON. (Rectangles can have edges and/or fills - see cursor in following image.)

If the edges are turned on by default then also just check to make sure it isn't defaulting to white either (or whatever colour your background is).

Let me know if it persists...

peatle

Post by peatle »

This is most likely the fix for marr's rectangle problem.... it was me that had a problem with this recently and this is where the answer lay.

I had a problem with it quite a while ago also but had forgotten, this last time, to look towards the other properties control ( paint can ). Ilexsoft have said that they were considering incorporating the rectangle's properties control elsewhere.

Peter

marr

Post by marr »

That did the trick, thanks :)