TILED PRINTING

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

TILED PRINTING

Post by macitect »

Has anybody else used tiled printing? I just tried to print a plan across 2 8.5x11s (~A4s for you Europeans), and between the 2 sheets there was some missing information (about 1/2 an inch).

Has anybody else experienced this? I want to be able to tape them together and trace in the design phase and it is a real pain to not have them line up.

Please help!!!

sebG

Post by sebG »

It works for me! I printed a plan on two vertical A4 with crop marks, then I had to cut the paper along the margin left by my printer. I taped the 2 sheets and nothing is missing, all my oblique lines run well between them.
But...Since there are two margins at the center of my plot, and the dimensions of the lines remains true, it seems that the printer translate the two parts of the drawing. Where does it take space ??? :roll:

peatle

Post by peatle »

I often print a 22 x 34 on 4 - 11x 17s in order to paste it together and see a full size hard copy before sending it to the printers.

What I do on my 22 x 34 Template sheet is create 4 Print Areas ... Upper Left, Upper Right etc that take in all of the perimeter border line and overlap each other by a small amount at the centre.

Then with Page Setup at 11 x 17 I can just print all 4 Print areas at 100% and scale is retained.

Detail is duplicated at centre and this can just be trimmed on some of the sheets and spliced. It's good to have some diagonal lines at the splice points for aligning so if these areas should be blank on your drawing drop a few diagonals across the areas where the print areas overlap.

Peter

macitect

Post by macitect »

Thank you both for your input. Very helpful.

I still have issues with printer margins though (on the rare occasion that I use the print areas). I am not sure where the problem lies... in HD or in my printer driver (canon i550). I will try to observe more info about it and let the guys at Ilexsoft know. If it comes to anything I'll post it.

cheers!

sebG

Tiled printing again: retained scale

Post by sebG »

When I print on my two vertical A4, I discover that HD effectively move the two parts of my drawing by the amount of the two margins at the centre.
It means that if I draw items too close to the border lines of the sheet, HD will need 3 vertical A4 to print at 100%, although on screen I draw in a horizontal A3 sheet size...