drawing scale/printing scale

General HighDesign Discussions
Yien

drawing scale/printing scale

Post by Yien »

Here a question for you guys.

I always use to draw at scale 1:1 (from previous automatism), i understand now that in HD i must first choose which scale im gonna print before drafting. But my problem is when i need to print, for example on A4, both the general plan at 1:100 and a small detail at 1:10. I create two sheet ( 1:100 and 1:10) but, the print space doesn't follow the scale of the sheet, instead it stick to 1:1 no matter which scale im using.

so how you guys manage that?

thanks for the help.

Y

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi Yien,

Normally what I do is set up a sheet at 1:1 to hold my title block and this defines my print area for the project. Then I set up separate sheets for all my other drawings, ie plans, elevations, sections ,details, at their own respective and appropriate scales. Then I use the Project Views to manage my "real life" pages.

Hope these images make it more clear;
All sheets & layers ON;
One "Project View" on, displaying certain sheets and layers;

Je viens de t'enoyé un courriel avec la version francaise... :wink:

Yien

Post by Yien »

great!

Im thinking of writting a "standard cad" manual fo HD to be more efficient (as well as im always doing at all my past jobs)

thank you Derek

Y

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I have a symbol which in essence is the print area box and boilerplate title block.

Similar, yet in contrast to Derek, I like to draw elevations and details in line opposed to on top of one another. So on the Sheet I label "Titleblock" (scaled 1:1) I insert new titleblock symbol. Then explode it and change pertinent text and retrace a new print area per drawing.

You can see by my example, I could get more sophisticated at layout to make sure title block areas don't overlap. :shock:

Alex
fat guy in a little coat

Yien

Post by Yien »

thanks Ybalx

there so many ways to do it. I like the proposition, and now i use a separate layer for each title block (on the same sheet) as layer A-INT-TXT-A1, A-INT-TXT-A2. The view manage my realife sheet then.

regards