Drafting Question

General HighDesign Discussions
mattmgut

Drafting Question

Post by mattmgut »

Is there a way to set the ortho angle of a line? I am trying to avoid inputing the angle every time I draw a line. That being said, if there is a way, can you draw a line in a locked direection and imply input the distance without tabbing through the X, Y, A, etc. prompts?

macitect

Post by macitect »

If you are using the same angle many times over use the buttons at the top left;

Otherwise there may be a way to set the angle snap. If not that should be a feature request...

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

A lot of times, I create a set of lines to use as shortcuts for length (to use in duplicate) and angle (using the constrain to parallel) if my overall drawing is not orthagonal. These helper lines could be just that; or use the construction lines.

A nice wishlist would be to include an "angle rotation" setting in the grid dialog box to rotate the entire grid to snap to... or develop an axis setting to rotate the drawing coordinates.
fat guy in a little coat

Sandking

Post by Sandking »

Something like UCS in Autocad... I use that quite rarely, but if I would need it and it wouldn't be there - that would be pain. So yeah, I also think that should be in some way implemented (not as to rip Autocad way of thinking but just as to implement something useful).