keyboard shortcuts

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

keyboard shortcuts

Post by macitect »

You've taken away the shortcut for polygons/polylines (G) and allocated it to grid activation. Why? Please give it back or provide another shortcut. I cannot find in the pref pane where I can change the shortcut for grid activation.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

It is an unintended side effect of another change, and in fact it is not mentioned in the release notes. We have restored the keyboard shortcut as it was in fc8.

Thanks for the pointer.

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

Andrew...

why would it be that I have lots and lots and lots of menu items with the same key commands...??? such that when one does an obvious one nothing happens or something happens which one is not aware of because I don't know which key command is being activated

Cheers
Trevor

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Trevor, I would say your custom shortcuts are a bit messed up, probably by using different versions of HighDesign at the same time. Try removing the Shortcuts.plist file from ~user/Library/Application Support/ilexsoft/HighDesign/.

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

That fixed it Andrew... thanks heaps...

it had been peeving me for sometime... knew there had to be a separate shortcuts file but did not even think of looking in there...

cheers
Trevor