HighDesign 1.7fc9 Universal Binary Available

General HighDesign Discussions
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 1.7fc9 Universal Binary Available

Post by Andrew »

HighDesign 1.7fc9 Universal Binary is now available for download and testing.

Most of the reported problems have been fixed in this released. There are still a few known issues we are working on.
We would like you to focus your tests on printing: If you find any issues, please report them as soon as possible.

Download HighDesign 1.7fc9

Release Notes
<ul><li>[FIX] New circles are no longer displayed misplaced between the last click and the first refresh.
<li>[FIX] Line types are now enabled when imported from a preference file created by earlier 1.7 versions.
<li>[FIX] Views palette: the Update button now updates the zoom value of the selected view.
<li>[FIX] In walls constructed by one side, multiple node intersections could cause the hatch to be drawn incorrectly.
<li>[IMP] Rectangles and Rotated Rectangles can now be created with defined dimensions by pushing the W and H keys during construction.
<li>[FIX] Create Image icons are now properly masked.
<li>[FIX] Wall Options: the preview is now correct.
<li>[IMP] Pasting objects from the clipboard now deselects all before adding the objects.
<li>[FIX] Apply Hatch did not work correctly on drawings of very small size.
<li>[FIX] Updated the Spotlight Metadata Importer.
<li>[FIX] Edit Symbol: the updated symbol now honors the object order.
<li>[FIX] Move, Duplicate: walls now create the connections to other walls when appropriate.
<li>[FIX] Floating palettes are now hidden when the Save As dialog is open.
<li>[FIX] Groups contained in symbols are now displayed correctly.
<li>[FIX] The new door types are now exploded correctly.
<li>[FIX] Mirror now correctly supports walls.
<li>[FIX] Symbols dragged from the preview in the Symbol Library window now are inserted at the correct location.
<li>[FIX] Drawing Manager: fixed the Bind Drawing tools menu.</ul>
Thanks for your help with testing the HighDesign betas.

SWANK-E

Post by SWANK-E »

still can't edit text (as mentioned in the rc8 thread) for some strange reason :(

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

SWANK-E wrote:still can't edit text (as mentioned in the rc8 thread) for some strange reason :(
We cannot reproduce this problem. What happens if you select the text block, then click it with the Text tool currently active? Does the cursor change to the I-Beam when it enters the selected text block? Please send us any descriptions, files, screenshots that could help us reproduce the issue.
In most cases, 90% of bug fixing consists of actually being able of reproducing the problem.

SWANK-E

Post by SWANK-E »

no, it doesn't change to the i-beam, it wants to start a new text window/box instead.

what should i do?

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

Kevin...

if you select the text block with the arrow tool first and then change tools to the Text tool and click into the text block it should work... without having the text block selected first it will make a new text block

what would be good is to have the text cursor appear when double clicking the text block as in InDesign... saving having to change tools all the time

cheers
Trevor

SWANK-E

Post by SWANK-E »

TrevorML wrote:Kevin...

if you select the text block with the arrow tool first and then change tools to the Text tool and click into the text block it should work... without having the text block selected first it will make a new text block

what would be good is to have the text cursor appear when double clicking the text block as in InDesign... saving having to change tools all the time

cheers
Trevor
hey trevor,

as i have said in the other thread, i have done exactly that, i know how to change text. but it simply is NOT working since installing rc8+9

SWANK-E

Post by SWANK-E »

ok, it seems to have solved the problem... i don't know how though

previously, when i open up my files in 1.7rc8 or rc9, i wasn't able to edit any text, nor could i edit any text if i started a new drawing file.

so i though i would open up version1.6, typed some stuff and was able to edit it
opened up version 1.7rc7, typed some stuff and was able to edit it

then i opened up version 1.7rc8, typed some stuff and voila! it worked this time
then opened up version 1.7rc9, typed some stuff and it worked too.

then opened up my original file, and it now works.

do you think it's a preferences thing?

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

It definitely could be a prefs thing... often new versions of any software screw around with the prefs unfortunately... I often delete the prefs file when working on a new version of software and especially betas...

SWANK-E

Another Bug

Post by SWANK-E »

Found that by adding a sheet, you loose the ability to turn on/off visibility of sheets. Does not affect it if you are deleting a sheet.

You can overcome the problem by closing and reopening the Sheets window.