Line scaling

General HighDesign Discussions
johnallred

Line scaling

Post by johnallred »

I'm confused by the scaling of the line types.

I just added some #15 lines to #15 lines that I had drawn weeks ago and noticed that the dotts & dashes were scaled differently. I can see no way to choose whether line types are scale independent or not, but it must be there, otherwise the new lines would look the same as the old. I see that I can edit line types in the drawing manager, but I've never done that, so there must be something else.

What am I missing?

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi Johnallred,

I don't totally understand your question, but one thing that might really help is to know that the line types are scale independant. So a #2 line (simple dash) will look the same on paper no matter what scale it is printed at and will thereforel look very different relative to two drawings at different scales.

Hope that helps solve your problem.

macitect

johnallred

Post by johnallred »

Thanks for the reply.

If what you say is true (that lines are scale independent), then I must have experienced a glitch. Now my problem is that I don't get why we don't have the option of making lines scale dependent (as with hatches). I often find that I can't find a line style that works with the scale I'm using.

I'm also having problems with scaling of dimension text. If I can choose to scale text when changing the drawing scale, why can't I choose to scale text on dimensions? Seems odd to me.