constrained length

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

constrained length

Post by macitect »

I am using the trial version and trying to give HighDesign a fair chance because I love the idea of a decent CAD program targeted to those of us who love MACs!
Here are a couple of questions I would appreciate answers on:

1. Using the constrained length option with the line tool when I press on the second point (end point of my line) the line disappears... Any ideas as to why?

2. Where can I find a list of all the keyboard shortcuts?

3. Is there an offset tool or workaround?

Thank you

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: constrained length

Post by Andrew »

macitect wrote:1. Using the constrained length option with the line tool when I press on the second point (end point of my line) the line disappears... Any ideas as to why?
There is a problem in v 1.2.2 which makes the line disappear when using the Constrain Length command to start a line at a given distance and clicking the 2nd point with the Shift key pressed. If that's not the issue you found, please report it via the feedback system.
macitect wrote:2. Where can I find a list of all the keyboard shortcuts?
The next update will provide such a list. For the current version, all shortcuts are listed in the Quick Reference, although not grouped together on one page.
macitect wrote:3. Is there an offset tool or workaround?
No, there isn't. A more correct answer would be "not yet", though. A workaround for polygons and lines would be to use the double-polyline tool (polygon icon, 3rd method). You can set the distance of the double segment and use it to make duplicate items with a constant offset.

Anyway, an Offset tool is already on our to-do list. Thanks for bringing it up.
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

Post by Guest »

Andrea,

Molto grazie for the reply. I will continue to learn Highdesign as I really appreciate what you guys are trying to do.

One other thing... (something that will make it hands down better than autocad!) Are you familiar with Sketchup? If so I have one thing to beg of you in future versions... CONSTRUCTION LINES!! They would make starting drawings from scratch such a cinch! You could put them by default on a construction line layer (no matter which layer you are currently on) which would be set by default not to print.

Anyways if you don't know Sketchup tell me and I will explain in better detail what is so great about the construction lines that they offer.

Keep up the good work.

macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Yes, we're familiar with SketchUp although we do not use it in our everyday work. It's mainly used for testing its compatibility with HighDesign.

Construction lines would be helpful, I agree. They would be even more useful if the user could make them with any tool, not just a Measure tool, or by pressing a simple key combination.

As for the default layer, you already have this option in HighDesign: open the Drawing Manager window, and at the bottom of the Layers panel check the "Link layers to drawing tools" button. To make a new binding, just activate a tool and select a layer from the layers pop-up menu on the main window.

Thanks for your input!
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

macitect

Post by macitect »

it has been a while since my last visit. so I didn't know you had replied to my second message.
anyhow thanks.

1.3 looks great!