sketch effect

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

sketch effect

Post by macitect »

In the HighDesign gallery there is an image whose caption is 'sketch effect'. Does this in fact exist within HD? If so can anybody tell me where to find/how to use it?

cheers,

macitect

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

It is under the "Create Image Tool"... where there are a lot of other great presentation styles to choose from...

I always wondered about that one as well... until I accidentally stumbled across it...

cheers
Trevor

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi Trevor, thanks for your reply.

However, I cannot find it in the create image tool. I have tried clicking on the line style drop down menu, but nothing drops down, and there are no presets in my theme menu either. Is that where you have been able to find this? If so can you tell me in what file on your computer these presets are kept?

Cheers,
macitect

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

Hi Macitect

I assume you are using the Pro version as the themes are not to my knowledge available in the Standard version

I wrote the reply before from work... on a peecee...!!! so when I read your reply I was a little worried that I had given you all the wrong info... but I seem to have been right in remembering where it was...

under the "create image tool" the dialog has 2 sections...
Image Size
Graphic Properties

in the GP section... under the Theme pop-down list you should see 4 different sketch themes...
Sketch - Aalto
Sketch - Graphite
Sketch - Light Blue
Sketch - Pencil on Gray Paper

the themes are located in the following directory... on my powerbook...

~/Library/Application Support/ilexsoft/HighDesign/Presets/Image Themes

hope this helps...
cheers
Trevor[/img]

macitect

Post by macitect »

OK thanks! I had cleaned out all my app support files a few weeks ago to try and trace down a problem with another program and never moved them back into place. Now I have put them back and I have all the theme options.
Do you have many line type options? That is still difficult to control... only one option per theme. Now I am at the 9 to 5 so can't give anymore detail, but if you wouldn't mind just letting me know how many options you have in the line type menu.

Have a good night.

cheers,
macitect

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

I will check as soon as I let out of my 9-5 :-)

I thought taht one is also able to add their own line styles... if not would be good to have a built in line editor for this...

cheers
Trevor

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

just checked... the only ones with a "Line Style" option are the ones with "Sketch" in their names... BUT... they only seem to have the one choice... maybe the HD guys can shed some light on this... if it will be an option in the future to choose different line styles... and also the ability to edit them would be great

cheers

macitect

Post by macitect »

ok well that confirms that everything is now in order on my version of HD. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

We just fixed an issue with the Line Style menu that would prevent it from opening correctly. Could this be the limitation you experienced?

The Create Image tool is designed to allow the creation of your own themes, in addition to the built-in ones, with one line style applied to all the items in the drawing.
The Line Style menu lists:
- "No Change": the image will be generated using the line types as defined in the drawing.
- Built-in line types
- Any custom linetypes

So, if you want to create your own Sketch theme, you can either use one of the available sketchy line styles or create your own in the Drawing Manager window.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Trevor M-L wrote: in the GP section... under the Theme pop-down list you should see 4 different sketch themes...
Sketch - Aalto
Sketch - Graphite
Sketch - Light Blue
Sketch - Pencil on Gray Paper
There is the "Ink Sketch - Red" theme too, which simulates a thin graphic pen.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Ciao Andrea,

I am happy to see you weghing in on this one.
Can also tell me if I should have options in the 'LINE TYPE' menu? I see that it changes to 35 when I use the sketch themes, but I can never seem to choose anything else. Is this right or have I done something wrong here?

grazie,
macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

It indeed appears to be the problem we fixed today, thanks for describing the behavior of that menu. You will see the fix in the next update.

The Line Style menu sets the line type that will be used to create the image. The original drawing is not modified in any way, it is just displayed with the effects and at the resolution selected in the Create Image Settings window.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Thanks again Andrea,
We just fixed an issue with the Line Style menu that would prevent it from opening correctly. Could this be the limitation you experienced?
That is exactly the behaviour that I was experiencing... When I clicked on the topic notification in my email it brougth me to your second post and I hadn't actually read the first one.

Glad to hear it is fixed. Just starting to use the image tool...

Molto grazie!!!

macitect