Who can help me?

General HighDesign Discussions
Beagle

Who can help me?

Post by Beagle »

hello

I Like to ask here some help in drawing with HD.
but without an example it can be very difficult to explain.
So I adopt the thought that a drawing-picture say's more than 1000 words.
First I will post some photo's about the project I have to do

This must become the final etched and folded product in brass. Remark that the upper platform of the stair is 12 mm. x 10 mm. with very small hatching in it.
This should be the drawing I have to make . This will be drawed on a scale 4:1 and at the final sage will be printed to scale 1:1.

The first question is about line weight.
My etcher suggest that I use line weight of 0.3 , 0.5, 0.7 and 1 mm. in the final acetate. But the lines must be drawed as filled rectangle.
I Think that I must be able to drawn lines on the screen (As filled rectangles) with a line weight of 1.0 mm. and 2.0 mm and 3.0 mm. and 4.0 mm.
Remember that the drawn line must lie outside the shape, otherwise the component will be smaller than designed. Holes require the cutting line to be inside the shape for the same reason.
So how can I Do that?

Second question. It seem to be obvious that drawing with a hairline setup is not recommended. I must be able to see the line weight.
Which setup I had to Use , Bitmap or actual weight. Should the line weight also change when I zoom in or out in the drawing

The Third question is also about line weight .
As You can see on these Drawing the distance "E" must be a distance of 1.2 mm on the screen. The filled lines seen as black rectangles are 2 mm. line weight on the screen . Thus whem printing on the acetate the distance "E" must become 0.3mm. and the line weight must become 0,5 mm.

How can I draw such lines ? in this case the the lines must lie in the inside ??

The fourth Question.
As you can see in the first picture the hatch is a kind of chequer plate as used in real live? How can I create such hatch in HD and when created, will the hatching change when I zoom in and out and also when I print the acetate.

Fift Question.
Is their a way to change the standard line types and hatches delivered with HD.
I don't need al lot of them. and I like to have My line-type and hatch types at Top of the list instead at the bottom ??
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Why not simply draw these shapes with hairline lines, fill the interior, then plot at the accurate scale for the etching? I would not try to manipulate actual line weights because of the problems you've found with endpoint widths, not being fine enough, etc. In other words, draw your object either spot on, or add the additional dimension to account for the process tolerances. HD may not be able to work at this small size with a scale factor less than 1 -- so you may need to draw these first at a scale larger than the actual product,

One factor that you haven't mentioned is the plotter: some plotters will not perform with the precision you're after... especially with <.01 mm tolerance issues.

I do most of my architectural drawings in hairline. My plotter plots them fine. I can see them.

If you don't have the patience to create the checker plate hatch in HD, perhaps you could find this hatch on the web in dxf and import it and manipulate it as an object, not a hatch.

In the Drawing Manager, you can create new linetypes, and drag them up and down the order list. I haven't done this recently, in past versions this was a little buggy. It might look allright in the Drawing Manager table, but in other forms of the linetype lists (like in Dimensions or Fills dialogs) the order wasn't preserved...

Good luck with your drawing.
fat guy in a little coat