Moving Symbols

General HighDesign Discussions
hkhamilton

Moving Symbols

Post by hkhamilton »

I inserted a "North Arrow" symbol and now can only move it by the keyboard arrow keys. The click and drag doesn't work as it does with all other objects. Am I doing something wrong?

hkhamilton

Post by hkhamilton »

Found the problem. Symbols can only be moved by selecing object, clicking on the move function on the top tool bar. Just selecting the object and then cursor turns to hollow cursor to activate move function works for lines but not symbols. Inconsistent implementation?

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Works for me. I just tried it and clicking a selected symbol with the Arrow tool started a Move action. Perhaps there are some conditions that prevent that from working properly in your context. We will investigate this on Monday.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

This hasn't worked since version 1.1 for me. Now the second click on a symbol to start the move only un-clicks the object. It used to be that you selected a symbol, arrowed off the object then back over and clicked again and the object was in "transit" mode.

Now, in 1.6.1, I select the symbol, then use the move command Command+T shortcut rather than use the move button.
fat guy in a little coat